Bridging Knowledge Gaps in Water Management
- Wednesday, Oct 27, 2010
Please join CSIS and the federal Subcommittee on Water Availability and Quality (SWAQ) in this participatory workshop on knowledge gaps in domestic and international water issues. This event will a) identify research and education gaps that pertain to water as it relates to food, energy, and the environment, and b) recommend multi-sectoral solutions to bridging these knowledge gaps. During the workshop, a live video recording of the keynote and panel presentations will be made available on the CSIS website.
8:30 – 8:45 a.m. Welcome Remarks: Johanna Nesseth, CSIS, and Mike O’Neill, USDA
8:45 – 9:30 a.m. Keynote Address: David Zetland, author of “The End of Abundance”
9:30 – 10:45 a.m. Panel 1: Knowledge gaps in research and education
- Piet Klop, Senior Fellow, World Resources Institute
- David Reed, Senior Vice President of Policy, WWF
- Ed Link, Senior Research Engineer, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland
- Moderator: Allan Hoffman, US Department of Energy
10:45– 11:00 a.m. Coffee break
11:00 – 12:15 p.m. Panel 2: Integrated and multi-sectoral solutions to bridging knowledge gaps
- Reagan Waskom, Director, Colorado Water Institute, Colorado State University
- Kirsten Thorne, Senior Policy Advisor, Chevron
- Paul Faeth, Senior Fellow, CNA
- Moderator: Katherine Bliss, CSIS
12:15 - 1:30 p.m. Lunch and breakout sessions
- Beyond financial restraints, what barriers do you face in your line of work?
- What is preventing better cross-sectoral collaboration?
- What works well in addressing cross-sectoral barriers?
- What would you recommend to the U.S. Government?
- (If time allows) What agencies within the U.S. Government should fill these research gaps?
1:30 – 1:50 p.m. Conclusions from breakout sessions
1:50 – 2:00 p.m. Closing Remarks: Katherine Bliss, CSIS & Jim Dobrowolski, USDA
- HighlightsApr 20, 2011
- VideoOct 27, 2010
Center for Strategic and International Studies
1800 K Street, NW
Washington DC, 20006
Find More On:
Global Health - Related Congressional Testimonies
Global Health - Related Multimedia
- AudioJun 30, 2015
- VideoJun 29, 2015
Global Trends and Forecasting
Global Trends and Forecasting - Related Publications
NewsletterJun 18, 2015
CommentaryJun 11, 2015
Global Trends and Forecasting - Related Events
Aug 5 - 7, 2015
Jul 9, 2015
Global Trends and Forecasting - Related Congressional Testimonies
Jul 16, 2014
Apr 9, 2014
Global Trends and Forecasting - Related Multimedia
- VideoJun 29, 2015
- AudioJun 29, 2015