Abshire-Inamori Leadership Academy
Providing training in leadership, ethics, and foreign policy
Inspired by the vision of David M. Abshire, cofounder of CSIS, and Dr. Kazuo Inamori, founder of the Kyocera Corporation, the Abshire-Inamori Leadership Academy (AILA) provides rising global leaders with training opportunities in leadership, ethics, and foreign policy. AILA aims to empower both CSIS’s young professionals and external audiences to make a positive contribution to their community and the world at large.
AILA’s training sessions and programming enhance participants’ leadership skills by providing them with a nuanced and ethical understanding of the interconnected and complex world in which we live. By imparting the founders’ ideals of humility, diligence, and forward thinking, AILA’s training programs create leaders who are prepared to navigate global challenges and serve as a positive force on the world stage.
Program on Ethics
A program focused on training employees on the ethical values and professional standards they are expected to uphold.
- CSIS Program on Ethics
Skill Building Opportunities for Young Professionals
Initiatives for CSIS Junior Staff and Interns
- CSIS - Deloitte Debate Program - A series of workshops culminating in a speed debate tournament designed to enhance interns’ public speaking and argumentation skills.
- New Perspectives in Foreign Policy - A foreign policy journal written by and for young professionals.
- US Army War College international Strategic Crisis Negotiation Exercise - Scenarios developed by experts from the U.S. Army War College simulating diplomatic crisis negotiations.
Conversations with distinguished CSIS scholars and guests on topics related to foreign policy and professional development.
- Insights on Leadership - An interview series featuring leaders who have made a mark in public service.
- Crash Course @ CSIS - A series of informative sessions aimed at enhancing understanding of complex global issues. These courses present opportunities for CSIS staff to share and expand their knowledge in ways that enrich their areas of expertise.
- Current Events @ CSIS - A topical speaker series devoted to covering the most pressing international issues and conflicts.
- Interviewing History - A series of off-the-record conversations with senior government and private sector leaders, hosted by teams of CSIS young professionals
iTunes U Courses
iTunes U courses with CSIS scholars on critical foreign policy issues.
Tailored to the client and drawing heavily from in-house scholars, AILA offers unique training opportunities for students, diplomats, and executives.
- Educational Institutions - Working with a number of U.S. and foreign educational institutions to inform future generations in the workings of foreign policy.
- AILA International Fellows Program - A week-long seminar designed to engage fellows in the art and practice of international leadership in a multicultural atmosphere.
- HighlightsDec 11, 2014
- HighlightsDec 11, 2014