- James A. Lewis' Publications
- Significant Cyber Events
- Threat and Response: Combating Advanced Attacks and Cyber-Espionage
- Project on Cybersecurity
- Project on Surveillance and Civil Liberties
- China Institute of Contemporary International Relations (CICIR)
Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th Presidency
The CSIS Cybersecurity Commission was formed to provide advice to the 44th president on the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy.
The CSIS Cybersecurity Commission provided findings and recommendations to secure cyberspace in the 44th Presidency, and to help guide policy-making. It called for immediate action. The new administration has cybersecurity high on its agenda and it is making a serious effort to take what has already been done and improve our national cyber posture. But there is much to be done. Building cybersecurity will be a long-term effort.
Commission members produced four reports:
- "Securing Cyberspace for the 44th Presidency," released on December 8, 2008.
- "Twenty Important Controls for Effective Cyber Defense and FISMA Compliance," released on August 10, 2009
- "A Human Capital Crisis in Cybersecurity," released on November 15, 2010
- "Cybersecurity Two Years Later - Measuring Progress"
CommentaryApr 15, 2014
ReportJan 31, 2011