- Defense 360
- Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group
- DIIG’s Acquisition Cloud
- Evolving Partnership between DoD & Industry
- Impacts of Sequestration
- Improving Acquisition
- Leveraging Innovation
- Regional Studies
- Archived Projects
- CSIS Mourns Guy Ben-Ari (1973-2013)
- Defense Budget Analysis
- Project on Nuclear Issues
- Proliferation Prevention Program
- Global Security Forum
- Missile Defense Project
- Global Threats and Regional Stability
- Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Program
- Strategic Futures
- Trilateral Dialogue on Nuclear Issues
- Military Fellows
- Harold Brown Chair in Defense Policy Studies
- Asia Rebalance 2025
- For Your Situational Awareness
- Smart Women, Smart Power
- Event Series
- International Security Program Archived Projects
European Defense Integration
The European Defense project tracks trends in European defense spending, defense policy, and the European defense industrial base to provide detailed insights in Europe’s defense strategy.
Since the end of the Cold War the focus of European security has steadily expanded beyond Europe. This new mission portfolio has put an increasing demand on European armed forces to adapt to their new emerging roles. At the same time this need for military transformation coincides with growing financial pressures and competing national budgetary priorities.
Within this context the European Defense project tracks developments from three different perspectives:
- In-depth analysis of quantitative and qualitative trends in European defense spending.
- Assessment of the health, capacities, and capabilities of the European defense industrial base, including a transatlantic outlook.
- Evaluation of key initiatives and projects intended to improve European defense capabilities.
Transatlantic Methods for Handling Global Challenges in the European Union and United States
The National Security Program on Industry and Resources contributed to and edited the section in this report on supply, demand and the regulatory environments for homeland security in the U.S. and Europe. The full reports will be available in mid-May.
US Arms Sales (Google Document)
- VideoNov 14, 2014
- AudioNov 14, 2014
NewsletterJan 27, 2012
ReportNov 4, 2010
Nov 14, 2014
Nov 4, 2014
In the News
EuronewsBy Stephan GrobeJun 3, 2014
National DefenseBy Sandra ErwinDec 7, 2011