- Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group
- U.S. Defense and National Security
- Harold Brown Chair in Defense Policy Studies
- Project on Nuclear Issues
- Proliferation Prevention Program
- Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Program
- Program on Crisis, Conflict, and Cooperation
- Global Trends: Seven Revolutions
- Defense Budget Analysis
- Military Fellows
- Military Strategy Forum
- International Security Program Archived Projects
- CSIS and SeaPort-E
Nuclear Scholars Initiative
Each year PONI accepts a select group of graduate students and young professionals into a program consisting of six daylong workshops with senior experts from the field.
The Nuclear Scholars Initiative aims to provide top graduate students and young professionals from around the country with a unique venue to interact and dialogue with senior experts on nuclear weapons issues.
The program brings together a select group of roughly 20 individuals with a demonstrated interest and/or experience in nuclear issues to attend monthly workshops hosted by CSIS. During these sessions, experts from across the nuclear enterprise share their insights and engage the class of Scholars on a variety of nuclear issues. Over the course of this six-month program, each Scholar prepares a research paper that they will present to a panel of experts and later publish in a journal produced by CSIS.
The Nuclear Scholars Initiative is a great way for up-and-comers in the field to add depth and breadth to their understanding of nuclear weapons issues and to publish their original work.
The application period for the 2015 Nuclear Scholars Initiative is now closed.
Nuclear Scholars 2009-2014:
ReportJan 9, 2014
ReportOct 17, 2012