- Russia Balance Sheet
- Russia Balance Sheet Speaker Series 2012
- The North Caucasus Project
- Eurasia Health Project
- Northern Distribution Network (NDN)
- Andrew Kuchins' Publications
- Islam, Islamism, and Politics in Eurasia Report
- Jeffrey Mankoff's Publications
- Russia and Eurasia Blog
- Program News Archive
- New Fellows in the CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program
- Russia and Eurasia Past Projects
- Программа Россия и Евразия
Russia and Eurasia Blog
This blog provides in depth coverage and analysis of developments throughout the region with original content by members and guest commentary from experts.
- Dec 6, 2013
By Vladislav Inozemtsev
In recent years, one may have witnessed a widening gap between the discourse promoted by the Russian leadership regarding the creation of a Eurasian Union incorporating Russia, the states of Central Asia, and, presumably, Ukraine and the growing discontent of the Russian public. Despite President Putin’s near-obsessive desire to create such a Union, feelings of discontent have arisen due to the growing number of immigrants from potential Eurasian Union states in Russia that are, in the eyes of some, threatening the integrity of Russian national identity.
- The Traditional Friend: Russia-India Military-Technical Cooperation and Defense Procurement Ties Post-DPP-2013Oct 28, 2013
By Oliver Backes
With India instituting new policies to diversify its suppliers of defense materiel, it will naturally be difficult for Russian firms to maintain their dominant position in Indian defense procurement. However, Russia will remain the dominant foreign player in Indian defense procurement due to numerous competitive advantages.