- Pivot Points: Crisis in Ukraine
- The Ukrainian Crisis Timeline
- Russia Balance Sheet
- Russia Balance Sheet Speaker Series 2012
- The North Caucasus Project
- Eurasia Health Project
- Northern Distribution Network (NDN)
- Andrew Kuchins' Publications
- Islam, Islamism, and Politics in Eurasia Report
- Jeffrey Mankoff's Publications
- Russia and Eurasia Blog
- Program News Archive
- New Fellows in the CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program
- Russia and Eurasia Past Projects
- Программа Россия и Евразия
Russia and Eurasia Blog
This blog provides in depth coverage and analysis of developments throughout the region with original content by members and guest commentary from experts.
- Mar 26, 2014
By Yulia Danilina
On March 13, the Russian agency in charge of media supervision, Roskomnadzor, blocked several opposition websites, including the blog of Russia’s most famous anti-corruption activist and politician, Alexei Navalny, as well as the website of the opposition radio station Echo Moskvy—for publishing Navalny’s blog. All websites were blocked under the “anti-extremist law,” while the postings in Navalny’s blog had also allegedly violated the rules of Navalny’s recent house arrest.
- Mar 25, 2014
By Nic Wondra
Russia’s willingness to export nuclear technology abroad allows it to shape global nonproliferation norms in the long term while strengthening its bilateral relationships. By contrast, the United States’ restrictive approach diminishes its influence and costs the US in its relationships with allies.