- The South China Sea in High Resolution
- Advisory Board for the Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies
- CSIS Asia Programs Blog: Cogitasia
- CSIS Sumitro Djojohadikusumo Banyan Tree Leadership Forum
- Southeast Asia from Scott Circle
- The Derwin Pereira Indonesia Initiative
- The Dialog
- The Sumitro Djojohadikusumo Center for Emerging Economies in Southeast Asia
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Speaker Series
- U.S.–ASEAN Eminent Persons Group
- US ASEAN Strategy Commission
Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies
The CSIS Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies is the premier forum for a sustained high-level policy dialogue focusing on Southeast Asia and U.S. interests in the region.
The Chair for Southeast Asia Studies provides policy recommendations and support for U.S.-Southeast Asia relations, and builds political, economic, and people-to-people ties between the United States and Southeast Asian countries.
In this effort, the Chair for Southeast Asia Studies:
- Raises the level of focus on Southeast Asia through educating, enlightening, and making regional issues and leaders more accessible to a U.S. audience.
- Broadens the constituency of active and interested parties in the United States that are engaged in the policy dialogue on Southeast Asia.
- Develops a strong foundation of research-based knowledge to encourage dynamic policy dialogue in support of sound security, economic, human rights, and people-to-people policies toward Southeast Asia.
- Attracts the world’s most talented and knowledgeable researchers and thinkers to contribute to the CSIS Chair for Southeast Asia Studies.
Follow important policy developments in Southeast Asia and participate in CSIS Southeast Asia programs and studies by:
- Receiving our biweekly newsletter, Southeast Asia from Scott Circle, and invitations to our public events. Please provide your name and affiliation here .
- Engaging in a thoughtful policy dialogue at our blog CogitAsia.
- Following us on Twitter – @SoutheastAsiaDC.
- Liking the Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies Facebook Page.
Listening to our weekly Asia podcast on iTunes .
Recovery through Growth in Asia and the Next Generation of Regional Trade Agreements
The CSIS Sumitro Djojohadikusumo Banyan Tree Leadership Forum is the premier Washington venue for discussion on vital issues impacting Southeast Asia and the Asia-Pacific.
Creating an enduring consultative mechanism for EU-U.S. cooperation in the Asia Pacific.
The newsletter of the Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies.
A series of high level conferences that bring U.S. and Asia Pacific leaders together to discuss their bilateral relationships, one country at a time.
The DPII seeks to enhance understanding of Indonesia and Indonesia-U.S. relations through events that sustain policy dialogue in Washington.
Discussing affairs of the region with Southeast Asia's Leaders
Bringing clarity to this complex region, The South China Sea in High Resolution examines the geopolitical, economic, and legal issues arising from territorial and maritime disputes in the sea.
The Sumitro Djojohadikusumo Center for Emerging Economies in Southeast Asia conducts research on U.S.-Indonesia relations and Southeast Asia. It includes a proactive program to promote deeper understanding and closer relations between the United States and Southeast Asia.
A high-level commission developing an in-depth assessment of U.S. interests in Southeast Asia to make recommendations for the development of a long-term U.S. strategy for the region.
The U.S.–ASEAN Eminent Persons Group provided independent recommendations to leaders on how to significantly enhance U.S.–ASEAN ties.
There has never been as great a need for a serious and sustained policy discussion on Asia in Washington. Join that discussion on our blog.
- AudioJan 28, 2016
- AudioDec 18, 2015
NewsletterSoutheast Asia from Scott Circle: Leadership Changes and Upcoming Obama Visit Give U.S. New Opportunities in LaosFeb 4, 2016
CommentaryFeb 4, 2016