- The South China Sea in High Resolution
- Advisory Board for the Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies
- CSIS Asia Programs Blog: Cogitasia
- CSIS Sumitro Djojohadikusumo Banyan Tree Leadership Forum
- Southeast Asia from Scott Circle
- The CSIS Indonesia Initiative
- The Sumitro Djojohadikusumo Center for Emerging Economies in Southeast Asia
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Speaker Series
- U.S.–ASEAN Eminent Persons Group
- US ASEAN Strategy Commission
Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies
The CSIS Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies is the premier forum for a sustained high-level policy dialogue focusing on Southeast Asia and U.S. interests in the region.
The Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies at CSIS has been fulfilling the requirement for substantive research on and dialogue with Southeast Asia with the goal of providing inputs to thoughtful policy since 2009, when it was known as the Southeast Asia Program. Since the Program began, the need for a serious and sustained policy focus on Southeast Asia continues to grow. As strategic interest in Asia rises, CSIS remains committed to its position as a premier outlet for research, analysis, and dynamic policy dialogue with Southeast Asia.
In this effort, the Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies continues to:
- Raise the level of focus on Southeast Asia through educating, enlightening, and making regional issues and leaders more accessible.
- Broaden the constituency of active and interested parties engaged in the policy dialogue in Southeast Asia.
- Develop a strong foundation of research based knowledge to encourage dynamic policy dialogue and support the policy making process.
- Attract the world’s most talented and knowledgeable researchers and thinkers to contribute to CSIS Southeast Asia studies.
Follow important policy developments in Southeast Asia and participate in CSIS Southeast Asia programs and studies by:
Joining our mailing list. Just provide your name and affiliation here.
Following us on Twitter – @SoutheastAsiaDC.
Engaging in a thoughtful policy dialogue at our blog, cogitASIA.
Seeing photos of our work on the CSIS SEA Flickr Photostream
Recovery through Growth in Asia and the Next Generation of Regional Trade Agreements
The CSIS Sumitro Djojohadikusumo Banyan Tree Leadership Forum is the premier Washington venue for discussion on vital issues impacting Southeast Asia and the Asia-Pacific.
The newsletter of the Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies.
A series of high level conferences that bring U.S. and Asia Pacific leaders together to discuss their bilateral relationships, one country at a time.
The CSIS Indonesia Initiative seeks to enhance U.S. understanding of Indonesia.
Discussing affairs of the region with Southeast Asia's Leaders
Bringing clarity to this complex region, The South China Sea in High Resolution examines the geopolitical, economic, and legal issues arising from territorial and maritime disputes in the sea.
The Sumitro Djojohadikusumo Center for Emerging Economies in Southeast Asia conducts research on U.S.-Indonesia relations and Southeast Asia. It includes a proactive program to promote deeper understanding and closer relations between the United States and Southeast Asia.
A high-level commission developing an in-depth assessment of U.S. interests in Southeast Asia to make recommendations for the development of a long-term U.S. strategy for the region.
The U.S.–ASEAN Eminent Persons Group provided independent recommendations to leaders on how to significantly enhance U.S.–ASEAN ties.
There has never been as great a need for a serious and sustained policy discussion on Asia in Washington. Join that discussion on our blog.
- HighlightsFeb 28, 2014
- HighlightsFeb 24, 2014
NewsletterMar 6, 2014
CommentaryMar 6, 2014
Jan 29, 2014
Jan 8, 2014