- About Burke Chair
- About Dr. Anthony H. Cordesman
- Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Defense Budget
- Energy and Security
- Europe and NATO
- Iraq and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
- Lessons of War
- Military Balance
- Saudi Arabia, the GCC, and the Gulf
- Terrorism and Counterinsurgency
- U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition
- U.S. Strategic and Defense Efforts
U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition
- The Gulf Military Balance Volume I: The Conventional and Asymmetric Dimensions - This chapter looks at Iran’s Military forces in detail, and the balance of forces in the Gulf Region.
- The Gulf Military Balance Volume II: The Missile and Nuclear Dimensions - This chapter looks at Iran’s Missile and Nuclear forces.
- U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition: Sanctions, Energy, Arms Control, and Regime Change - This chapter examines the impact of sanctions on the Iranian regime, Iran’s energy sector, and the prospects for regime change in Tehran.
- The Gulf Military Balance Volume III: The Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula - This chapter examines the competition between the US, and Iran and how it affects Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, the UAE, Oman and Qatar.
- Iraq in Crisis - This chapter examines in detail the role Iran has played in Iraq since 2003, and how the US has tried to counter it.
- The Struggle for the Levant: Geopolitical Battles and the Quest for Stability - This chapter examines US and Iranian interests in the Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, the Palestinian territories, Egypt and Syria. The military balance is also analyzed.
- U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition: Turkey and the South Caucasus - This chapter analyzes the US and Iranian competition over influence in Armenia, Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
- U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition: Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, and Central Asia - This chapter examines the important role Iran plays in the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan, and how the US and Iranian rivalry affects Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Central Asia.
- U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition: The Impact of China and Russia - This chapter examines the complex and evolving relationships between China, Russia, Iran and the US.
- U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition: Competition Involving the EU, EU3, and non-EU European States - This chapter looks at the role the EU, and in particular the EU3, have played as the U.S.’s closest allies in its competition with Iran.
- U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition: The Impact of Latin America, Africa, and the Peripheral States - This chapter examines the extent and importance of the competition between the US and Iran in the rest of the world.
CSIS has incorporated the multi-volume series into a digitally-formatted 936 page eBook, divided into two parts. This eBook provides the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and impartial analysis of US and Iranian strategic competition available at the unclassified level, and covers every aspect of US and Iranian competition on a global basis.
The two-part eBook is available at:
Part 1 of 2
Part 2 of 2