- About Us
- Staff and Associates
- Pacific Forum Board of Governors
- Calendar of Events
- Young Leaders Program
- Hawaii Asia-Pacific Affairs Leadership Program
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Honolulu International Forum
- The History of the Pacific Forum CSIS
- Contact Us
- Support Pacific Forum
Pacific Forum CSIS has five fellowship programs. Applicants who apply for resident fellowships will automatically be considered for nonresident positions. All resident fellowships offer stipends while nonresident fellows do not receive stipends.
- James A. Kelly Korean Studies Fellowship builds on Pacific Forum’s existing Korea related programs.
- Korea Foundation Fellowship is an opportunity exclusively for Korean nationals who are currently enrolled in or recent graduates of a graduate degree progam.
- Sasakawa Peace Foundation Fellowship allows American and Japanese fellows to focus on US-Japan alliance issues.
- WSD-Handa Fellowship engages Asian, European, and American fellows in security and economic development issues.
- Adm. Lloyd Vasey Fellowship is offered to non-US citizens interested US-Asia security policy.
Pacific Forum CSIS senior staff will provide guidance and consultation for fellows as they conduct their research. The final product will be of quality to be submitted to a refereed journal or be published in the Pacific Forum Issues & Insights series (http://csis.org/program/issues-insights). In addition to their research, fellows will support other Pacific Forum CSIS research programs and activities including:
Attending HIF (Honolulu International Forum) meetings
This is an exclusive breakfast meeting held once every 1~3 months that features senior security experts and includes a number of Pacific Forum’s biggest local supporters.
Taking initiative during Young Leader programs
Fellows will receive priority over 600 Young Leader candidates worldwide to attend relevant conferences. This privilege comes with high expectations to display leadership during and after the YL conferences.
|Kelly Fellowship - RESIDENT||CLOSED; will reopen in 2016|
|Kelly Fellowship - NON-RESIDENT||January 31 (for 4/1 start), April 1 (for 7/1 start), July 31 (for 10/1 start), October 31 (for 1/1 start)|
|Korea Foundation Fellowship - RESIDENT/NON-RESIDENT||Tenative for Spring 2016|
|Sasakawa Peace Foundation Fellowship - RESIDENT||CLOSED; will reopen in 2016|
|Sasakawa Peace Foundation Fellowship - NON-RESIDENT||CLOSED; will reopen in 2016|
|WSD-Handa Fellowship - RESIDENT||CLOSED; will reopen in 2016|
|WSD-Handa Fellowship - NON-RESIDENT||January 31 (for 4/1 start), April 1 (for 7/1 start), July 31 (for 10/1 start), October 31 (for 1/1 start)|
|Vasey Fellowship - RESIDENT||CLOSED; will reopen in 2016|