Pacific Forum CSIS offers full and part-time internships in the fall, spring, and summer for undergraduates, advanced students, and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience at an international think tank. Internships are offered in a variety of fields.
Please see below for application deadlines. Applicants are encouraged to apply between one and three months in advance of their desired start date and must be eligible to work in the United States. Non-US citizens or permanent residents must already be in possession of a valid F1 or J1 visa at the time of their application. For more information, visit our FAQ page.
Summer 2014 - NOW OPEN
Young Leaders Program – Publications intern
The publications intern for the Young Leaders Program will assist in readying various documents for publication in Pacific Forum-branded outlets, as well as media outlets throughout the world. The successful applicant will have:
• Excellent grammar and spelling skills;
• An eye for detail, consistency, and accuracy;
• Creativity and good visual sense, to assist with document formatting and design;
• Solid IT skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs; and
• The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in journalism, publishing, editing, public relations, or the international think tank field. An interest and background in Asia-Pacific foreign policy, political science, international relations, or security studies is helpful, but not required.
Young Leaders Program – Events coordinator intern
The events coordinator intern for the Young Leaders Program will assist with event planning and coordination both in the United States and abroad. The intern will gain practical experience in inernational event coordination and be responsible for assisting with travel coordination. Please note that this position is based in Honolulu and does not include international travel. The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite products;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize and focus on details;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; and the
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in event planning with an international focus or youth leadership development.
Public Relations and Social Media Intern
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
The public relations and social media intern will assist with Pacific Forum's public relations, social media, community outreach, and other strategic initiatives designed to connect Pacific Forum's work with key audiences in Honolulu and abroad. The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interest and background in social media (previous experience helpful, but not required);
- Event planning experience;
- Outstanding oral communication skills;
- Outstanding writing skills with an eye for detail and accuracy;
- Creativity and a flair for marketing; and
- An interest in Asia-Pacific foreign policy.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in public relations, marketing, social media management, and international affairs.
How to Apply
To apply for an internship, fill out our application form. For more information on the internship process, please email Mari Skudlarick (firstname.lastname@example.org).