Pacific Forum CSIS offers full and part-time non-paid internships in the fall, spring, and summer for undergraduates, advanced students, and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience at an international think tank. Internships are offered in a variety of fields.
Applicants are encouraged to apply between one and three months in advance of their desired start date and must be eligible to work in the United States. Non-US citizens or permanent residents must already be in possession of a valid F1 or J1 visa at the time of their application. For more information, visit our FAQ page.
INTERNSHIP POSITIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR FALL/WINTER 2014
Young Leaders Program - Publications Intern
The publications intern for the Young Leaders Program will assist in readying various documents for publication in Pacific Forum-branded outlets, as well as media outlets throughout the world. The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills;
- An eye for detail, consistency, and accuracy;
- Creativity and good visual sense, to assist with document formatting and design;
- Solid IT skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs; and
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in journalism, publishing, editing, public relations, or the international think tank field. An interest and background in Asia-Pacific foreign policy, political science, international relations, or security studies is helpful, but not required.
Young Leaders Program - Events Coordinator Intern
The events coordinator intern for the Young Leaders Program will assist with event planning and coordination both in the United States and abroad. The intern will gain practical experience in international event coordination and be responsible for assisting with travel coordination. Please note that this position is based in Honolulu and does not include international travel. The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite products;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize and focus on details;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; and the
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in event planning with an international focus or youth leadership development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for an internship, please complete the following and email your application package to Mari Skudlarick:
- Internship Application Form
- Resume or CV
- One-page writing sample explaining your career goals.
Please note that all internships above are based in the Pacific Forum CSIS office located in Honolulu. Email Mari Skudlarick (Mari@pacforum.org) or refer to our Internship FAQ Page with any questions regarding the internship program.