- About Us
- Staff and Associates
- Calendar of Events
- Young Leaders Program
- Hawaii Asia-Pacific Affairs Leadership Program
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Honolulu International Forum
- Security Cooperation in the Asia Pacific
- Strategic Dialogues
- Contact Us
- Support Pacific Forum
WSD-Handa Fellowship Program
Through the generous support of the Worldwide Support for Development and its chairman, Dr. Handa Haruhisha, the Pacific Forum presents the WSD-Handa Fellowship to help young East Asian, US, and European scholars and professionals obtain the knowledge and skills that will define them as they grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Through the generosity of the Worldwide Support for Development and Dr. Handa Haruhisha, the Pacific Forum CSIS has established the WSD-Handa Fellowship Program. This fellowship offers both resident and non-resident fellowships to increase East Asian, US and European participation in Pacific Forum programs. The WSD-Handa fellows should already have some knowledge of East Asian security and economic developments and should use this fellowship as an opportunity to take a more in-depth look into these issues and offer solutions for improvement.
Eligibility Requirements are as follows:
- Applicants may be of North American, European, or Southeast Asian nationality. Priority will be given to those from lesser-developed Southeast Asian nations including Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- A bachelor’s degree by the start of the Fellowship
- Proficient in English (verbal and written skills)
- Must be eligible for an extended stay in the US
Applications for the Handa Fellowship are now closed and will reopen in 2016.
The application packet must include:
- WSD-Handa Resident Fellowship application (Download HERE)
- A cover letter detailing interests and why the WSD-Handa Fellowship will contribute to the applicant’s professional development.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of recommendation
- A description of a research project to undertake as a WSD-Handa Fellow (not to exceed 1,500 words)
Applications should be sent via postal mail or e-mail to:
Attn: WSD-Handa Fellow Program
Pacific Forum CSIS
1003 Bishop Street, Suite 1150
Honolulu, HI 96813
NewsletterJan 27, 2015
NewsletterJul 23, 2014
Sep 5 - 8, 2013
Apr 22 - 26, 2013